Your oral health is one of your greatest blessings. So, take care of it with the best preventive and restorative dentistry available from dentist in Garden City, Dr. Gary Sherman. Dr. Sherman provides an amazing range of modern treatments and diagnostics aimed at the strongest, most long-lasting smiles possible. He renders compassionate and quick emergency care.
What’s the Bottomline?
When we talk about the health of your teeth and gums, preventive dentistry is the bottomline. Dr. Sherman and his dedicated team urge good oral hygiene at home, along with hygienic cleanings, digital X-rays and comprehensive oral examinations every six months. He knows that keeping your smile clean and plaque-free wards off decay and gum disease, both leading causes of tooth loss.
Dr. Sherman also knows that preventive exams catch problems while they are simpler to treat. This means less pain, less expense and better overall health.
Other preventive measures he delivers are:
- Oral cancer screenings
- Mouthguards to protect against teeth grinding
- Sleep apnea treatment for better rest and systemic well-being
Problems Can Happen
Despite our best efforts, dental problems occur. A lost crown, a blow to the mouth–many circumstances require the best in restorative dentistry from Franklin Avenue Dental Care. Dr. Sherman provides oustanding dental repair, including:
- Tooth-colored fillings
- E-max dental crowns
- Fixed bridgework
- Full and partial dentures
- Periodontal care
- Root canal therapy
- Dental implant restorations
- Implant-retained dentures
Compassionate Emergency Care in Garden City
In fact, many times these restorative services are employed or begun as part of emergency dental care. Dr. Sherman and his team ask patients to call them immediately with a pressing dental concern such as a knocked out tooth, oral laceration, lost crown or filling or throbbing toothache. They will advise you on the right course of action and get you a same-day appointment if needed.
Preventive care at-home and at the office wards off many dental emergencies as Dr. Sherman spots problems and treats them as needed. However, oral accidents happen, particularly with children involved in sports. Or, sometimes a dental abscess has minimal to no symptoms until it is very advanced. So, never hesitate to call Franklin Avenue Dental Care right away.
Some common sense interventions you may employ are:
- Placing an avulsed tooth back into its socket or in a sealed container with milk while transporting to the dental office
- Applying direct pressure to an oral laceration. If not resolved within 10 minutes, go to the nearest ER.
- Bringing the pieces of a broken tooth or crown to the dental office
- Icing a jaw swollen due to dental abscess (infection) and taking over the counter ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain
- Flossing between teeth to dislodge a foreign object or piece of food
Here’s Your Best Tip
Start enjoying individualized and compassionate care from Dr. Sherman and his staff. Contact Franklin Avenue Dental Care for a routine examination and cleaning. Your healthy mouth begins now and can continue for years of beautiful smiles.