During your first visit, our dental assistant will take X-rays of your mouth for a thorough assessment of your oral health. Dr. Barsky will then discuss with you your treatment options, as needed. If your treatment plan entails an emergency procedure, or if you are in extreme pain, we will make every effort to see you right away. We will endeavor to relieve your pain by means of emergency treatment and then schedule follow up visits.
If this is your first visit to our office, please provide us with the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Medical history
- List of medications you are currently taking
- Your current insurance card, if you have one
- If you don’t have an insurance card yet, you can provide is your subscriber number, insurance provider’s phone number and group number.
- On their initial consultation, all patients who are under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Patients with a medical condition must alert the office before their treatment. This includes patients with diabetes, artificial heart valves/joints, high blood pressure, rheumatic fever, and others.
- Patients who are on any medication (such as anticoagulant therapy, aspirin, heart medications and others) should also inform our office about this before their treatment.
If your previous dentist has taken radiographs of your mouth within the last six months, you can have your X-rays forwarded to our office to help us with our diagnosis. Digital radiographs can be sent via email.